Monday, May 15, 2006

What a Closing Day!!

WOW!! That what I have to say... WOW!!

The wonderful run of The Game of Love and Chance closed on Sunday night. I was sad to see it go because it was a good show and a wonderful group of people. 100% ass-hole free.

Let me tell you how the day went down...

Got up, went in life as normal and the first show was terrific. Due to ankle injuries Matthew Eisenberg went on for Ian Merril Peaks and did a fantastic job. Matt got to perform a total of 5 times and I was proud of him. Some where during act one I realize, "SHIT! I forgot my checkbook and I need to write some petty cash checks!"

After the first show my trusty assistant Jenna and I chatted with our good friend Anne Stone for a bit then hopped in "Ziggy" (yes I named my car Ziggy after I drove Scott Backula around... big whoop wanna fight about it??) and set off for my house. Somewhere along 395 I realized that I needed gas. We put just a little gas in the car and continued home.

After arriving home and explaining to Munsen what we were doing there I grabbed my check book, we drove through the dinner store and started back to DC.

I dropped Jenna off at her car near 7th and E and made my way down Penn toward the theatre. I was rocking out to some showtunes when I heard a noise. I turned down the radio, rolled down the window and quickly realized what was going on... a flat left front tire!!

I was almost to the little exxon station on "the avenue" so I decided to push forward so I could pull up to the air machine, fill the tire up and put off dealing with the mess until morning.

PROBLEM NUMBER ONE- NO AIR MACHINE!!! (wait it gets better!!)

PROBLEM NUMBER TWO- NO SPARE!! Ziggy is a 2001 Chevy Tracker... a small SUV... a small SUV with the spare attached to the rear window... my spare was stolen shortly after we moved to Fairlington!! ("There's no crime in Fairlington!?!" BULLSHIT!!) Of course I knew I needed a new one but that the kind of thing that keeps getting put off and put off.

I spent the next half hour on the phone with Geico roadside assistance. I finally realized that they were not going to be able to help me before the show so I walked back the the theatre with head hung in hopelessness... and in the rain.

The second show was a really great show and a great house. After the show I went back to my car where I waited for the tow truck. By the time the tow truck arrived I had missed 98% of the closing night party :( so I packed up all of my gear from the booth and the dressing room and waited for Jenny.

JENNY!! She was originally going to metro to the party after her show and then we would ride home together. Instead, my poor sweet wife had to metro to Pentagon City where the FAB Munsen picked her up and took her home to her car. Jenny then got her car and drove BACK INTO THE CITY to pick up me and twice the gear any stage manager should really have in a theatre.

It was an exhausting night and to top it all off I had a ton of work to do to prepare for my rehearsal and meeting at the Kennedy Center at 10am! (not to mention the fact that I had to get up at 7am to call the tire place and tell them, "yes that's my car and here's what needs to be done with it.")

In the morning I get to walk to the tire place (not far from the house at all), hand over a four digit check (turns out all my tires were shot and the replacement wheel for the new spare was quite pricey), retrieve Ziggy and take him to the Kennedy Center for rehearsal.

That was my Sunday! How was yours?? Please tell me all the fun things that my friends did on Sunday so I can live through you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon