Sunday, March 12, 2006

A New Project

Tomorrow morning I start a new and VERY exciting project. I am going to be working at Arlington Mill High School Continuation Program with two other theatre artists developing and directing a play with the high school students based on stories and essays they have written.

Tomorrow morning is the first of three workshops we are doing with the students before we actually cast and start rehearsals.

I am so excited about this project. I love working with students! I was telling Noah Racey about it the other night. When he was injured recently he did some teaching and said it was great. You really are reminded of why you got into this crazy business.

I do really love theatre education and outreach. Those who have done a show or two with me have probably heard me tell stories of the time I spent as the theatre artist in residence at Central Oklahoma Correctional Facility. I loved it so much. Not that I expect the HS to be the same but obviously... I'm looking forward to this experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon