Monday, January 30, 2006

A Great Film

So Jenny and I just got back from the movies. Lately that's what we have been doing on our days off. We saw a really great film. You should really see Walk The Line.

Now, I'm no film critic and I cant write a decent movie review like Ryan or Stephen but I'll tell you what I liked!!

It was a much better story than I anticipated. I knew a little about Johnny Cash going into the complex but I had no idea about his life. I thought it was really well written and quite enjoyable.

I also enjoyed the music a lot more than I thought. I knew "Boy Named Sue" (not in the movie) and I have heard and know the choruses to "Ring of Fire" and "Walk The Line" but that was the limit of my Cash knowledge. I've never been a huge country music fan but I think I really like the older stuff. Last summer I stage managed "Stand By Your Man" and enjoyed the music in that more that I thought I would.

Phoenix and Witherspoon gave terrific performances. They certainly deserve the Golden Globes they earned and I hope they are recognized by the Academy. Did I mention that they perform all of the music?!?! They both do their own singing and actually play guitar and autoharp.

Who else has seen this? Any comments??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon