Friday, February 03, 2006

Helen Hayes '06 Part 1

So I have been thinking about this and decided to follow SGS's lead and put my thoughts out there... What do you think?

There are people who I believe deserve nominations who are not on my list. These are people I think will be nominated. Its also hard because I'm not the best at remembering what all was this year. Please feel free to comment on what you feel I have left out.

Outstanding Non-Resident Production
-Wicked

-Hairspray
-Les Mis
-Kiki & Herb

Outstanding Sound Design, Resident Production
-Martin Desjardins
-Tony Angelini
-Neil McFadden

Outstanding Costume Design, Resident Production
-Kate Turner Walker for just any of the 30-some shows she designed this year! (seriously... she's a powerhouse... Watch her...)

-Anne Kennedy for PO

Outstanding Lighting Design, Resident Production
-Mark Lanks

-Dan Covey
-Dan Wagner

Outstanding Set Design, Resident Production
-Jim Kronzer

-Tony Cisek
-Joe Musucmeci for Frog and Toad

Outstanding Choreography, Resident Production
-Karma Camp

-Bayork Lee

Outstanding Musical Direction, Resident Production
-Jon K

-Jay Crowder
-George Fulg

Outstanding Director, Resident Musical
-Eric for PO

-Molly for Yankees
-Nick for Frog and Toad
-Joe for UTown

Outstanding Resident Musical
-Pacific Overtures

-Urinetown
-A Year With Frog And Toad
-Damn Yankees

The Charles MacArthur Award for Outstanding New Play or Musical
-Fallen From Proust

-Draft Day
-After Ashely
-Starving
-Columbinus
-Kingdom
-Leading Ladies

Outstanding Director, Resident Play
-PJ papp for R&J and/ or Columbinus

-Michael Kahn
-Aaron Posner (Headsmans Holiday)

Here are some actors I would like to see get recognized for some amazing work this year:
-Donna Mig
-Erin Driscoll

-Will Gartshore
-Michael Glenn
-Aubrey Deeker
-Stephen Schmidt
-Kate Eastwood Norris
-Tracy Lynn Olivera (Last 5)
-JJ Johnson
-Jenna Sokolowski
-Ian Merril Peakes
-Rick F
-Andrew Long

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own personal bias is showing here but I would love for Erika Rose and Deirdra Starnes to be recognized.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Q 5 Go said...

Add to the list of actors Chris Bloch in Urinetown and Michael McElroy in Big River at Ford's. I couldn't remember if that was this year or not but Jenny assured me it was.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon