Thursday, March 09, 2006

Quick update

I have a lot of stuff to write about but I am wiped. This is just a quick update.

1) Monday night I went to a stage management round table at Round House Theatre. I was very pleasantly surprised by the turn out. Over 50 of us there. Very cool to finally put some faces to the names and resumes! Great party afterwards. More on that later.

2) Some of you may know that my father had knee replacement surgery last week. He is now home and mom said he is doing well. Evidentially his doctor is very please with his progress. His knee is completely black and he has some pain but he seems to be in good spirits.

3) The Game of Love and Chance is off and running! We started on Tuesday and we started blocking the show today (Day #2). Its a great cast, great designs, and the play is VERY funny. We all have great chemistry and I am really looking forward to the next couple months with this project.

FUNNY STORY- GLC Day #1- lots of new people and lots of familiar faces. After a long day I loaded everything into my car and got ready to run some errands and go home.

I sat down in the car... put the keys in the ignition and something felt funny. I investigated and found A 8 INCH GASH IN THE CROTCH OF MY PANTS... I wanna make sure you got that last part IN THE CROTCH OF MY PANTS!!!!

I knew the pants were fine that morning and I was wearing black boxers so the truth is it was more than likely not noticeable at all.... but OMG how embarrassing! "Hello! Nice to meet you all. I'm your stage manager Jess W. Speaker, III and these are my genitals. Any questions?"

5 Comments:

Blogger rabbit1970 said...

Hey, it's better than squatting down and then hearing a "RRRRIIIIIPPP!" in front of a crowd. ;o)

BTW, I'm loving the Tick, Tick...Boom CD. It's been on replay in the car sicne I got it Monday.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Q 5 Go said...

told you you'd love it!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

I ripped the crotch of my pants during the audition for Gypsy at Signature. During the dance call. I had red, white, and blue tighties on. I think it actually helped me get the job.
;)
SGS

12:57 PM  
Blogger Donna Migliaccio said...

Nuts. Baayork only had me sit in on the Loise auditions. I miss all the good stuff.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Migliaccio said...

I meant "Louise," of course. ::blushes::

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon