Monday, November 24, 2008

BOYCOTT THE SHIRLINGTON POST OFFICE

I know to some of you this is preaching to the choir but this branch of the post office is THE WORST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!

When I was getting ready to come to Hoboken for High School Musical, two weeks prior actually, I sent the change of address card in to the proper post office. Not all of my mail has been forwarded.
Jenny just came up to New Jersey with the astonishing amount of mail that had not been forwarded (including 6 bills that are all now late and incurring at least $40 fees on each). When I called the 22206 post office about it less than ten minutes ago the woman I spoke to (who I learned later was the supervisor!!) was rude and told me that she did not care. That she was sorry to hear about my bills but that I should re-examine how I handle my finances! First of all the "supervisor" of a branch of the US Postal Service should know how to speak proper English. I am not talking about a foreign accent of some kind... I AM TALKING ABOUT BASIC GRAMMAR! "I am sorry that your MAILS HAVEN'T been delivered." ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Not to mention that the woman on the phone had the NERVE to comment on how I handle my finances. I have no problem handling my finances when I receive my mail in a timely fashion as I would expect from the postal service. Not to mention as a civil servant you HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMMENT ON HOW I HANDLE MY BUSINESS OR MY FAMILY! I know many people in the area drive out of their way to go to another post office. Now, I cant say as I blame them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had similar problems with this post office as well. All letters that I send out, NEVER reach their destination - I have to do it from my job in Rosslyn. I get packages at the post office so frequently, that they should know who I am. But it seems every time I go to pick them up, there is some kind of problem. "We don't have anything for you." Yet, in my hand will be a little slip of paper from the Post Office that was put into my mail box saying that I have packages.

They really need to get their act together.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon