Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Happy Surprise

I can finally write about something that I have been wanting to share for weeks!! I couldn't write about it here since my parents have started reading my blog.

Monday at 6:05am I got on a plane to Oklahoma City! My mom and dad had no idea that was coming home! A couple of weeks ago Spencer called mom and dad and told them that he was going to be in Shawnee and wanted to have dinner with them.

The plan was for them to get to the restaurant at 5:30pm and we were going to arrive at 4:45pm. I had already arranged with the restaurant to be the one to deliver the chips and salsa. It was a great plan!

When Spencer and I arrived Taren, my sister, was sitting in her car in the parking lot. Spencer drove to the side door, dropped me off and circled the block to try and make Taren think she might not have seen what she thought she had.

It was great!! I hid in the back of the restaurant and when everyone was in and seated I walked over with this tray of chips and dip.

Taren was the first to spot me, "OH MY GOD!" Mom just sat there silent with her jaw on the table. My dad (who was coming back from the restroom) said from across the restaurant, "Well, I'll be damned!!"

It was a total surprise! They didn't have a clue. Mom admitted that a couple of times she thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if..." but never thought about it to much so as not to get her hopes up.

So I am home in Oklahoma on vacation with my family and best of friends. I am here until June 15th.

For anyone in Oklahoma who might be reading this... I expect to see you at Shawnee Little Theatre at 7:30pm this Saturday for a staged reading of a play that I did in the DC area. My friend Norman Allen is letting me use his play to celebrate being home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon