Monday, May 29, 2006

The Fallen From Proust Reading

Pictured: The cast of Fallen From Proust at Shawnee Little Theatre.
From left to right Rebecca Fry (stage directions) Jess W. Speaker, III (Gary)
Amanda Stephens (Michelle), Spencer Hankins (Roger), Kit Haraughty (Alan).

Saturday night was the staged reading of Fallen From Proust at Shawnee Little Theatre. It went REALLY well!! There was not a lot of publicity because the folks at the theatre were afraid that the surprise for my parents would have been spoiled. So considering that there were just a few articles in the Shawnee News-Star and it was a Saturday night during a three day weekend (Oklahomans go to the lake on three day weekends) we were very pleased with the turn out.

Everyone enjoyed the play. There were lots of laughs and I was very pleased. Proust is pretty edgy for Southern Baptist Oklahoma!
It was a lot of fun to get a group of my best friends together and play. I had not performed in five and a half years so I was pretty nervous but had a blast.
Thanks again to everyone who made this possible! A very special thanks to Norman Allen for letting me share his play with my family and friends at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon