Friday, June 01, 2007

2007 AEA Election

I just wanted to take a moment to discuss the current Equity Council election. As you may have seen, I am running for one of the stage manager seats in the Eastern Region.

Those I have worked with know of my work ethic and my passion for theatre and our union. I ask for your vote. I ask for your support and endorsement.

How can I help?

  • You can help by forwarding this message to your friends and colleagues. As we in theatre know, word of mouth is strong endorsement. Please give everyone the link to this post... email the text... get the word out there!!
  • To give your vote extra “punch” you can bullet vote.
  • Please leave a comment showing your support. The more comments of support from my friends and cast members, the more weight this posting will hold with those who do not know me.
What is bullet voting?

If the ballot says “Vote for no more than four,” and you vote for only one or two, those votes will carry much more weight (and increase the chance of that person being elected).

Who can I vote for?

You can vote for all of the categories on the ballot. Members in the Eastern region can vote for candidates in the Central and Western regions and vice versa.

So please vote. Do it now, before you forget. This is important- remember, the union IS its members- this is your chance to have a direct say in who represents you in Council.

PLEASE NOTE: Ballots must be received in New York by June 1st.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,
I am SO GLAD you are running again. I know you could do alot of good for Equity! You have my vote and know that all of my cast will vote for you!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO JESS!!!! Win that election! I'm voting for you as much as I can in my little non-AEA heart!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely have my vote, and not just because we're friends (okay, maybe a little because we're friends ;-). But seriously, I like what you have to say in your candidate's statement, and I think that a DC presence on the council is definitely in order. I'm routing for you!!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

You definitly have my vote. Keep up the good work.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my vote!

Let me know when you win (I know you will)

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all voted for!
Sent my ballot in today.
Hope you win!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, not only are you an exemplary stage manager, but also a kind and caring person. My hope is that since this is your 2nd campaign, your name recoginition nationwide is growing, and that you will gather votes outside of the DC area as well as in. I'm sending your name to all my AEA friends across the country - I would love to have you on the board representing the EC SM's and the DC area as a vibrant, exciting place to make theatre.
VOTE FOR JESS SPEAKER!!!!
Elizabeth van den Berg

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could vote for you I would, and not just because I'm married to you. To everyone out there who can vote, vote for Jess!! He's one of the best stage managers I've worked with, and he's a good person too. Vote for Jess!!

Jenny Cartney Speaker

2:12 PM  
Blogger mrsmig said...

The more AEA Council members we have who aren't Newyorkcentric, the better.

You got my vote. Fingers crossed!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess -
I was very pleased to see that you were running for council.

Of course, you can count of our support and my vote!!

Donna Lynn Hilton
Line Producer
Goodspeed Musicals

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jess

I just mailed my Equity ballot and you're gonna be elected this time -- I feel it!

Lou

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon