Monday, September 25, 2006

New Favorite Quote

Today on my dinner break I snuck into the back of the Theatre Lab to catch the last part of the final performance of Irene Wurtzel's In the Mood. I saw the play in week two of the run but today I found a quote that spoke to me in a new way today. I think its a beautiful metaphor for many things.

At the end of the play Jennifer, an artist says,
"Sculpting means removing, chipping away at everything that isn’t the positive image within the stone. And with every piece, there is at least one OH NO moment, when the stone cracks or something falls off. The first time it happened, I was sure that I had ruined the stone and I’d never find the sculpture hidden within. Not anymore. Now I know that if I give it some time, and keep chipping away, I’m likely to find another image inside, one that is far different and possibly more beautiful than the one I began working on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon