Friday, November 23, 2007

What a Turkey!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We certainly did. Spencer survived his first Cartney Family Holiday and I am very proud. We all went out to Annapolis to Jenny's Aunt's house. It was great to see everyone and there were alot of people there including some folks that Jenny and I didn't know.

Spencer made his Pumpkin Roll (which was a big hit) and Jenny made a Green Bean and Corn Casserole and a Almond/Cranberry/Butternut Squash Bake (also a HUGE hit). Other Cartney Holiday favorites made an appearance including Grandma's Pumpkin Soup and Doug's Mashed Potatoes!

Spencer and I were mostly very well behaved! There was one woman there (one of Aunt Susan's neighbors I think) who was a character. She was an older woman and wanted to know everything about everyone.

At one point someone asked me about work and this lady perked right up and started to ask me what I did. With every part of the answer the look on her face got weirder and weirder. I told her I was with the Ballet... the Suzanne Farrell Ballet... at the Kennedy Center... She kept looking at me with this really odd look. Finally I looked at her and said, "Honey, I'm a dancer!!" Everyone laughed!

Earlier she had asked Jenny about one of the dishes she had made. Jenny told her it was Almond, Cranberries and Butternut Squash.
"But what is it called?"
"Almond/Cranberry/Butternut Squash Bake" Jenny gave her the exact title that was on the recipe!
"Well does it have a name??"
"I call it Francis!!" I finally chimed in.

I think that landing two jokes makes for a very successful Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm already working on our halloween costumes for next year. I'm torn between costumes from SWAN LAKE or THE NUTCRACKER.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon