Wednesday, November 07, 2007

At Long Last

I have now been home for a week and I have had some good times but on the whole have also been pretty bored. Don't get me wrong... I always enjoy spending time with Jenny and Spencer but while they are both at work... I sat in the basement and twiddled my thumbs!!


On Sunday Spencer and I went to see the show that Jenny took over. Tick... tick... BOOM! at MetroStage. It is a show that I have always adored. Add to that Jenny at the helm of the band and my good friend Stephen Gregory Smith in the lead and you couldn't ask for a better evening of theatre. Spencer wanted to sit front and center so we did... and I could feel SGS think, "Those sons of bitches." I must also point out the amazing work of Matt Gardiner who helmed the production. He is a fantastic young director who will take this city and others by storm!


Tick runs through November 25th and there are still tickets available... call now... see it... tell your friends... and see it with them!!


Tuesday night Jenny and I saw another amazing performance. The Word Begins at Signature Theatre.


It is an amazing hour and a half of slam poetry, truth and entertainment. The two artists in this show are amazing and I hope this show has a long life after its run in Arlington.






As for me? Today? I started working again!! I have three days of prep for The Suzanne Farrell Ballet. Its a quick two and a half week gig. The company is currently in Cincinnati and arrives in Washington Sunday night to start rehearsals on Monday.

Its what is called a mixed program... meaning we have two different shows consisting of different pieces. For more info on the ballet, check out the schedule section of my blog. If you plan on coming to see it, let me know!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I am Vickie Sparks, my husband is Larry Sparks, he was the pastor at First Baptist when you were a teenager. I was thinking about you because our 10 year old grandson is very interested in drama and I was wanting to get him something for christmas that would really be helpful in this dream. You came to mind, I googled for you and found this and I just wanted to say Hi. You can reach us at vsparks2000@yahoo.com Looks like you are doing great. Vic

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

download web counter
Best Buy Coupon